Friday, April 21, 2023

Marjorie Taylor Greene is normalizing leaking classified documents

 Marjorie Taylor Greene defends alleged Pentagon leaker as ‘white, male, Christian’

Marjorie Taylor Greene has defended the Air National Guardsman arrested by the FBI for allegedly leaking national security documents.

The far-right Republican lawmaker took to Twitter to show her support for Jack Teixeira who she lauded for being “white, male, christian and antiwar” – although she referred to him as “Jake Teixeira”.

It's a very concerning place to be when an elected representative is normalizing leaking classified documents in the same breath as labeling a political opponent as "the enemy".

Who is feeding her these talking points? Her brain could never come up with this - "Or the administration that is waging war in Ukraine, a non-NATO nation, against nuclear Russia without war powers?

I’m 100% guessing that the FSB have a social media department entirely set up to feed these people Russian talking points from Twitter handles like “patriot news 24/7”

What she said is near verbatim what Russian talk shows are saying about this war.

If she comes out with “American soldiers don’t want to be dragged into biden’s war” after this she’s hit all her Kremlin talking points. 

He didn't leak them because he thought it was best for the country, he didn't come forward as a whistleblower, three was nothing being covered up in what he exposed. He wanted to impress other racist fucks. Lock him up! Reality winner got 4 years for 1 page of classified info, he should be serving some serious time.

Swalwell on Greene over leak remark: ‘This wouldn’t be the first time she sided with traitors’

Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.) slammed Rep. Majorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) over her comments defending Air National Guardsman Jack Teixeira, who was arrested Thursday for his alleged role in leaking Pentagon files.

“McCarthy’s top lieutenant is siding with one of the biggest traitors America has seen,” Swalwell wrote in a tweet on Thursday.

“I’m sorry, Marge, being white, male, and Christian is not license to betray your country and put the lives of thousands at risk,” he added. “But this wouldn’t be the first time she sided with traitors.”

The tweet from the article; he's completely right. Greene shows just how extreme and anti-American the GOP of today is. I can't even begin to imagine what was running through her head when she decided to defend and praise the guy who leaked secret documents because he's white... well, I mean, other than racist vitriol

The deconstruction of everything I thought this country was supposed to stand for has indeed been an odd thing to experience. What really gets me is how lax any kind of response has been. I guess I always thought that if the US were to fall there’d be…. I don’t know, something. Some battles maybe, an explosion or two. But I never would have thought we’d all just kind of kick back, crack a cold one, and watch it all happen on tv unabated. Where’s the passion? Where’s the anger, the true patriotism, the fight for what’s right? Did they put something in the water? I’ve been wondering for years now, where’s my US? The one I always thought I lived in? But I guess I was just naive. When Germany fell to the Nazis it just kind of happened. One day there was Hitler the chancellor, and the next there was Hitler the fuhrer. Too bad no one learned a damn thing from it. Just gonna let it happen apparently. We should be organizing. We should be storming these fascists. I guess what I’m really saying is I’m ready to start having that conversation, and I’m wondering if anyone else is? And if not, why not? When is the right time? How far do we intend to let this shit go? 

No comments:

Post a Comment