Thursday, January 12, 2023

MTG has change of hearts

Marjorie Taylor Greene backs away from QAnon history saying she got ‘sucked into some things I’d seen on the internet’ 

Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene has more than most to celebrate as the new GOP majority takes power in the House of Representatives, and is doing all she can to engineer a Capitol Hill comeback as a result.

The Georgia congresswoman is set to be assigned committee memberships alongside her other Republican and Democratic colleagues in the days ahead, the end to a punishment handed down just a month after she joined the chamber.

It’s a political and strategic victory for Ms Greene, who is rumoured to be a candidate for the powerful House Oversight Committee. And it’s largely thanks to her willingness to get on board with newly-elected House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, who won the gavel after 15 votes despite a rebellion from conservatives in his party.

So I guess she admits that she’s a gullible conspiracist dumbass who has no place being anywhere near the levers of power.

No, she's transforming herself into a "seasoned legislator". She wants committee assignments. Right now she's a media clown with zero clout in the house.

Its exactly what she's doing. She's a seasoned actor and manipulator. Whether she decides to be a political force or not will come down to how well she can play the game with the big kids.

"I only said what I said to get elected, and now that I got elected I do not believe what I said, but I'll say it again if you're still stupid and want me to say it come the next election." - Republicans everywhere. 

 Marjorie Taylor Greene Backtracks Old QAnon Beliefs: 'So Far in the Past'

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Georgia Republican, told Fox News on Sunday that she "got sucked into some things on the internet" when asked about her former QAnon conspiracy theory beliefs.

Greene sat down with Fox News' Media Buzz anchor Howard Kurtz to discuss the newly elected House Speaker Kevin McCarthy. Kurtz also asked the GOP lawmaker about her previous statements that aligned with "QAnon conspiracy theories."

"Like a lot of people today I had easily gotten sucked into some things I'd seen on the internet," Greene said. "But that was dealt with quickly early on. I never campaigned on those things. That was not something I believed in. That's not what I ran for Congress on. Those are so far in the past."

So, basically, she's admitting that she's too stupid and gullible to be trusted with a position of political power?

"Those things I believed in a few years back are so far in the past. Let's talk about what Hunter Biden did ten years ago instead."

I do like how she admitted to being a gullible tool.

The only thing worth noting about MTG is that where ever there is an opportunity to get the attention of the press, she is going to take it, no matter how stupid, outrageous or ignorant it is. MTG's motto really seems to be any press is better than no press.


We really need to stop giving such POS such attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment